Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Scale Drawings


The whole of last week was maths week, our fun activity was scale drawing. I thought that last year wasn't as good as this years scale drawing, this was because I rushed my drawing. I have learned from the mistakes I have made and to always take my time when drawing in each box. First our class searched for images to draw. Then we were given a piece of paper that had a butterfly or a simple drawn lion to practice drawing. After practicing I got a bigger piece of paper to enlarge the drawing, but before we could enlarge the image we framed the actual image and drew 1 a  centimeter grid. We used a scale factor (which is multiplication or division), we added 1 more to get 2 centimeters so we can enlarge the image by making the grid bigger. We then made a google drawing and put in our names, ratio and title (Scale Drawing). We glued it onto a big piece of colored paper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment