Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Class LS2's Trip To... The Sky Tower




Today was an awesome day! why? this was because our class went on a trip to the sky tower. What have I learnt from this trip? I have learnt that there are 3 main decks in the sky tower which is the observation deck (the deck that has the 3 metered thick flooring of glass and the diagonal window which allows you to observe each tower in Auckland City), the bar and cafe deck (where you can buy food and drinks for the family) and finally but not least the emergency deck. The deck I found very fascinating and this would be an odd one the emergency deck, why this deck? well, it depended on the material that was used on this deck, I was amazed at the fire proof walls and doors. My second favorite deck was the observation deck, this is because I loved the 3 metered think flooring of glass (which kind of made me dizzy) everyone tried as hard as they could to break the thick glass but was no use! I jumped up and down the glass and punched but still wouldn't crack! PS: We were not trying to break the glass we were just testing it out. I have also learnt that if the wind blows twice as hard as the normal it would bend 1 meter side ways, my gigantic question was "does the sky tower ever get struck and collapse?" the answer to this was yes, but it certainly does not collapse. Did you know that going down the lift take 40 - 41 seconds? I also learnt that the sky tower once opened in 1997 and costed $2 million just to open it! one more thing I learnt is that the sky tower is 328 meters and 1,076 feet tall!

What did we do first?
our class separated into our kiwi can group A and B. We watched an question answering film about the sky tower, which gave me an idea of the sky tower and when it opened. We then got in the lift and went up to the observation deck to fill out the papers/forms we were given straight after the film, we filled out the numbered boxes which pointed an arrow to the volcanoes, towers and more! I filled out nearly half of my form. My eyes were focused on the thick glass because every time someone put one foot on it I would always get me thinking: Is it going to break is it going to break!?. One other thing that scared me was the  sky diving from the top of the tower to the bottom which was 192 meters down! I would scream as loud as I can all the way to the bottom of the sky tower. Cool right?


No comments:

Post a Comment